Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

The holidays flew by and we had a blast celebrating right here in our own home! Putting our tree up was especially joyful because we didn't decorate for Christmas in 2006 or 2007 ... we were moving during each of those holidays! (ugh.) Rightfully so, I was a little proud of our tree, and of course the kids loved helping decorate & turn the twinkle lites on each evening.

Of course Chris's family is all local to Dothan, but it was my family that got the blue ribbon for 'furthest travel
ed'. My mom and stepDad, Allen, drove from Georgetown, TX and my sister Andrea & her husband Matthew and my niece Rachel drove over from Rockwall, TX but via Memphis, TN! We had a ball and of course it went by way too fast, but we are still amazed that everyone took the time, effort and gas $ to come to us! The kids really enjoyed their time with grandparents, aunts & uncles & cousins. What a treat!


There's Grant @ the Park ... Allison, oh-so serious ... Nicholas, not-so-serious ... and my beautiful niece, Rachel.

Since Christmas decorations are slowly disappearing and the house is getting back to 'normal', we have been in the throes of anticipation of Legacy's official public launch on Saturday the 10th! Lots of final details to oversee and get in order. The local paper 'The Dothan Eagle' is even interviewing Chris about this new church in town! I will post a link to the printed story as soon as it shows up in the paper! Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we are in a very exciting time ... although we are nervous & begging God for His favor at every turn!!

We pray your 2009 is off to a blessed start & that your Holidays were warm with family & friends. The older I get, the more obvious it becomes that it's all about the people in your life. Why waste one milli-second? Every breath is a gift & I'm so thankful for each of them.

2 comments:

Rebekah Michaele said...

mrs lisa... i prettymuch love you're. you're wonderful. just so you know ^_^

wow, the kids just keep getting cuter, how on earth is that even possible??

your Christmas tree looks beautiful! i'm glad you guys had such a great holiday, and i'm even MORE excited to hear about God exploding at legacy!! always prayin for you :D

<3

Susy said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again. I'm in shock of how big the kids are getting. My goodness!!!