Friday, December 12, 2008

Traffic, Shmaffick

Dothan is not really that big. Spread out, but not a metropolis by any stretch of the imagination. However, it amazes me how the Christmas shopping traffic has really picked up. Sometimes I get disgruntled with it, and then I remember what it was like to live in Dallas and contend with everyday traffic (much worse) for 5 years. Then I become grateful again!

Everyone knows who Steven Curtis Chapman is, and we are all aware of the terrible tragedy their family has suffered this year. I check on their 'blogging' from time to time and came across a Christmas letter from MaryBeth Chapman today. Needless to say, it's a must-read for every mother. Actually, a must-read for everyone. A beautiful reflection on Christ's birth, and a firm reminder to "love more & love well". Grab some kleenex and go read it at www.chapmanchannel.typepad.com/marybeth

So thank You Lord, for my 3 undeserved blessings - Allison Joy, Nicholas David & Grant Christian. I don't want to take one day for granted! Oh how I cherish their precious little faces and giggling and hugs and bedtime prayers.

1 comment:

Susy said...

Love more and love well - that's all we're supposed to do. Everything else will fall into place when we love. No excuses, no exceptions, no expectations, and no reservations. Love covers all.